While the mission of Pickleball Nova Scotia is to promote the growth and development of pickleball, the long term success of this sport requires that our players embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Therefore, in order to achieve our mission it is essential that Pickleball Nova Scotia members and volunteers display respect and self-control, model good behavior, and ultimately lead by example.
Every person involved in the sport of pickleball here in the Province of Nova Scotia (participant, official, volunteer, spectator or representative of Pickleball Nova Scotia) pledges as follows:
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or encourage others to do so.
- I will not engage in behavior that endangers the health or safety of others.
- I will not engage in the use of profanity.
- I will treat others with respect.
- I will exhibit fairness and honesty in my dealings with others.
- I will not flaunt my position.
- I will not use Pickleball Nova Scotia records or materials for personal gain.
- I will observe the Golden Rule of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.
The above Code applies in all situations that relate directly or indirectly to pickleball play.